North Star Special Services, Inc currently has openings for Residential Counselors – that are also Certified Medication Technicians (CMT’s).
II. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This position requires at a minimum a high school diploma or GED. Some experience working with developmentally disabled individuals is preferred but not required.
III. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants will be required to stand, stoop, walk, lift and perform other similar functions daily.
IV. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Supervises the daily routines of the residents including working towards their goals, community activities, and medical requirements.
- Ensures that individuals have a clean, neat, and safe environment at all times.
- Ensures that individuals participate in all required/scheduled meetings, appointments and daily activities.
- Attends and participates in all trainings as scheduled.
- Maintains current certification in Medication Administration.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Manager or his/her designee.
Applicants will also need the following:
– Valid driver’s license (no more than 2 points accepted)
– GED or High School Diploma
– Can pass a criminal background check
– Can pass a drug screen
– Can pass a basic math and reading test
– Must successfully pass all required pre and post-employment trainings
Selected candidates will also be required to complete a competency exam at Dimensional Health Care for approval.
***Applications are accepted on Thursdays only between 10am and 3pm at 106 Old Court Road, Suite 205, Pikesville, MD 21208 (off of Walker Ave.).
The starting salary for this position will range from $9 – $10 per hour depending on experience.