This is a full-time position supervised by the Program Managers and Directors. The purpose of this position is to ensure that all maintenance needs are addressed in a timely manner – both current and preventative repairs. The job of Maintenance Worker involves all repairs, service and up-keep of every company property to include landscaping, leaf and snow removal.
II. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This position requires a High School Diploma or a GED & at least 2 years of experience and skill caring for household repairs and maintenance.
Additionally, we are looking for someone with experience working with and/or supervising adults with disabilities.
III. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
This position involves moderate to heavy work in all types of weather. The applicant will be required to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday.
IV. SKILLS REQUIRED
- Puts safety first at all times.
- Drives safely and avoids accidents and tickets by adhering to all federal and state driving rules.
- Above average skill in household repairs, painting, cleaning carpets, plumbing, etc.
- Must have excellent written, verbal, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well with our individuals, co-workers, and community residents. .
- Ability to respond to crisis situations efficiently and effectively.
- Provides supervision and support to the Residential and Day Programs such as moves, weather related emergencies, etc.
- Performs other duties as needed.
The starting salary for this position will range from $14 – $16 per hour depending on experience.