I. PURPOSE / RATIONALE
This is a full-time salary position supervised by the Director. The overall purpose of this position is to provide a safe and homelike environment, deliver the services and supports designated in the clients’ Individual Plans and to make sure that our clients’ fundamental rights are not compromised.
II. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
This position requires at a minimum a high school diploma or GED certificate and at least one year of experience working with developmentally disabled individuals.
This position requires successful completion all DDA required training and Certified Medication Technician training.
III. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Applicants will be required to stand, stoop, walk, lift, and perform other similar functions daily.
IV. RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Provides support and assistance to the IP Coordinator in identifying clients’ values and needs.
- Provides the supervision and supports needed to ensure that each residence presents a clean, neat and safe environment; this includes, but is not limited to, making sure that the residence will pass all safety and environmental inspections.
- Provides each Residential Counselor with the training, support, direction, supervision, and follow-up needed to make sure each individual participates in residential and community based leisure and social activities, encouraging communication with family and friends, encouraging and assisting individuals in developing and utilizing effective self-determination and self-advocacy skills and encouraging, and supporting individuals as they work to have successful integration into the community.
- Makes sure that Just Community Meetings are conducted weekly and completes written documentation of these meetings.
- Provides direction and support to staff during emergencies such as callouts and ensures that the unit is always properly staffed to meet the needs of the individuals.
- Provides Residential Counselors with consistent supervision and support throughout their shifts; this includes, but is not limited to, providing client supervision in the residence until correct staffing ratios are in place and adjusts his/her schedule to meet the needs of the unit.
- Makes sure that appropriate follow up/corrective action is taken in response to problems or deficiencies identified during Program Observations and records Audits as appropriate.
Applicants will also need the following:
- Valid driver’s license (no more than 2 points accepted)
- GED or High School Diploma
- Can pass a criminal background check
- Can pass a drug screen
- Can pass a basic math and reading test
- Must successfully pass all required pre- and post-employment trainings
Selected candidates will also be required to complete a competency exam at Dimensional Health Care for approval.
***Applications are accepted on Thursdays only between 10am and 3pm at 106 Old Court Road, Suite 205, Pikesville, MD 21208 (off of Walker Ave.).